The eligible candidates are encouraged to apply for the position of Officer, Cash Management Services at Standard Chartered Bank.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
- This role will proactively support the Product Delivery team activities of CMS.
- To support Product Delivery team of CMS Sri Lanka with a view to provide timely, accurately and secure transaction processing, settlement, reconciliation and delivery process at minimum levels of cost, complaints, risk and losses whist maintaining high level of service quality and motivating self at all times
- Supports Cash Management Services team to meet the SCB Group policies, procedures, Internal & External regulations, Audits, Service standards and to monitor the Operational risk factor.
- Process transactions within the established service level agreements with the operations and Business functions and ensure delivery standards as per SLA.
- Maintenance and continuously improve on service and Turn around Times for all Cash Products.
- Timely response to internal and external customer queries and information requested and ensure high standards are maintained in minimize errors, losses by ensuring a high standard controls.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of all transactions relating to products at Cash Management. To avoid repetitions of errors, by ensuring adherence to laid down guidelines in DOI and Risk control.
- Highlight all complaints, investigations, errors, staff accolades, risk items, losses, and near misses.
- Responsible for day to day relevant activities/functions in Cash Management Operations in a cost effective manner.
- Supports overall operations on processing matter. Adhering to identified internal and external customer requirements, cost control without compromising on quality of delivery, maintenance of compliance, regulatory guidelines, operating instructions etc.
- Adhere in processing accordance with the Group Guidelines and within risk parameters using standardised procedures and processes.
- Support operations processes and implement system changes as necessary, to improve the service standards, adopting the best practise module, to meet new product needs, by obtaining guidance and service support from IT and elsewhere as appropriate, and support the local implementation of business-wide operations change initiatives
- Adhere to all implemented controls and procedures in place for identified Operational risks of all Cash Management relating products and transactions to avoid any risk, loss or damage to the Bank and the Customers.
- Ensures adherence to overall targets relating to growth, quality, productivity and efficiency against appropriate performance delivery targets, and that performance against these.
- Maintenance of operational integrity across businesses within area of responsibility.
- To participate regularly to inter team discussions and meetings.
- Bank, regulators and customer awareness on new systems and procedures introduced to Cash Management Services.
- To ensure Business Continuity, awareness of critical activities related to Cash Management services and to perform duties as and when called for by the Department Continuity Coordinator or any one of the deputy Department Continuity Coordinators in a BCP scenario.
- Ensure all transactions processed operates within the local and group Regulatory guidelines, Cash Management Policy, Group operational risk policy and Escalation policy for all Reconciliation and Process exceptions.
- Ensure all processes are understood and appropriate controls, PPGs , country addendum's and systems are in place before processing.
- Understand and adhere to the Group compliance policies, procedures including Money Laundering and Group Code of Conduct.
- To be familiar with the updated Business Contingency plan for Cash Management Services.
- Awareness of the Risk Management .
- Ensure the Post Processing Checks are being carried out for all Payments Processed
- To ensure zero tolerance on reconciliation, to provide accurate entries to all GL accounts relating to CMS as per the financial policy.
- Adherence to Logical & Physical access of CMS systems and staff.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [Sri Lanka, Cash Management Operations team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Adhere to internal accountability and responsibility for money laundering prevention at Cash Management Services.
- Assist Cash Management Services by adhering to appropriate internal controls and procedures.
- Adherence of the suspicious transaction reporting procedures etc.
- Ensure compliance with regard to anti money laundering/KYC Controls, SLAS is being implemented/ Returns and any breaches of compliance are promptly escalated to , Business Money laundering Prevention Officer and Legal and compliance
- Serve as a Director of the Board of N/a ]
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association (N/a)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
(We wish to restate that all CV's for this employment opportunity can only be routed via the Standard Chartered Bank website. Please don't apply this job through Careerfirst.lk website.)
Closing Date: 20/02/2020
Apply- Apply via LinkedIn