Data Scientist - KOKO at Daraz
Applications are invited for all candidates to fill the Data Scientist - KOKO Job Opening at Daraz
Closing Date : 25/02/2022
Koko is a Buy Now Pay Later payment platform incubated under Daraz. Our mission is to bring seamless shopping and liquidity solutions to the 100+ million South Asians in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Nepal who have bank accounts, but no do not have access to liquidity solutions.
We are passionate about empowering our customers by providing them with easy, interest-free payment plans. Koko will be completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees, or extended debt. Koko empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in three, for both online and in-store purchases.
We are currently experiencing tremendous growth in Sri Lanka and have already made our first hires in Pakistan. We will be expanding to other South Asian markets in the very near future.
We are looking for Data Scientists to join our multinational team, primarily based in Colombo. Initially, the data science team’s mission will be to become South Asia’s market leader in default prediction. Over time, the team’s role will expand into anti-fraud, recommendation, search, user targeting and other online shopping linked data science topics. The Data Science team will:
- Own the KPI of converging the predicted default rate for a given user, at a given spending limit with the actual default rate.
- Help develop and execute the data science roadmap, optimizing prioritization based on maximizing business KPIs while minimizing time/cost/complexity.
- Engage closely and collaboratively with commercial, data engineering, product and other internal teams to ensure seamless and timely data capture, storage and accessibility for predictive topics.
- Build relationships with data providers, consultants, universities and other external partners to incorporate the latest data, knowledge and techniques.
- Do whatever it takes for the Data Science team, others teams and KoKo as a whole to succeed.
We have a results driven culture based on technical nous, constant learning, creativity and hard-work. We are open to those with non-statistical backgrounds who have learnt the conceptual foundations of data science, or those from statistical backgrounds who have learnt to apply their theoretical knowledge in machine aided contexts. However, successful candidates will demonstrate business awareness, rigorous theoretical knowledge, exceptional technical prowess and a proven track record of solving complex business problems through data science. He or she will have:
- Deep understanding of the conceptual foundations of machine learning. You should not only know how and why a given technique or algorithm works, you should be able to teach others.
- Extensive experience applying machine learning models to very large datasets for the purposes of prediction in a business context.
- Being able to understand business team priorities and constraints, and successfully communicate them to technical teams and vice versa.
- An interest in learning the latest generation of programming language e.g Julia, Go
KoKo is a start-up backed by the Alibaba Group. Successful candidates can expect unparalleled growth opportunities due to the combination of a start-ups breadth of exposure + access to Alibaba technology and knowledge.
Apply now : https://bit.ly/3KMtVqS