All eligible candidates are invited to apply for the vacancy of Associate Tech Specialist at Pearson.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
- Individual should possess a Bachelor's degree in Computing or Information Technology. Individuals who have a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Physical Sciences, or a specialization in the Engineering field will also be considered.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in software engineering and design.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Strong skills and passion in software architecture & design and the desire to learn and continuously improve on the product quality, performance and other non-functional requirements.
- Possess advanced knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and Design
- Strong technical knowledge and hands-on experience in at least one technology stack (Java/.Net/Mobile etc.) and good working knowledge of open source tools and technologies.
- Hands on experience on RDBMS and/or NoSQL tools and technologies.
- A good understanding of Software Engineering Best Practices.
- Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills (including English language skills) and the ability to interact promptly and professionally with teams across different time zones.
- Follows the Pearson processes, agile practices and motivates his/her team members to do so.
- Strong technical knowledge on CI/CD tools and technologies
- Provision of in-depth technical skills to fix ad hoc incidents/problems, mentoring and support DevOps teams to ensure best practice.
- Ability to work in a team environment collaboratively with positive attitude
Desirable Experience Or Knowledge On The Following Areas
- Architectural and Design Patterns
- Web Application Development
- UI / UX Technologies
- Source control systems
- Unit testing and test automation frameworks
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment tools and technologies
- Agile practices
- Web and Application Servers ( Weblogic , Tomcat , IIS)
- Web Services - RESTful Web Services , SOAP Services
- Database design and programming
- Responsive Web Design
Preferred Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Oracle Certifications ( Java , Middleware , Database , Operating Systems)
- Microsoft Certifications
- Certified Scrum Developer ( CSD)
Zend Certified Engineer (ZCE)
Closing Date- 20/03/2020
Apply- Apply via LinkedIn