Applications are invited for all candidates to fill the Writer (English and Sinhala) Job Opening at Sri Lanka Telecom PLC
Writer - English | Writer - Sinhala
You should be able to play a key role in implementing the government’s language policy by effectively developing day to day communications, writing news releases, articles, reports content writing for social media, designing publications as well as translation of official documents etc. related to the organization either in Sinhala/English language for internal and external customers as required by the management.
Note to applicants
- Three-year degree obtained from a recognized university by UGC-Sri Lanka or any other government authorities, equivalent to NVQ-6 or SLQF 4 or above.
- Priority will be given to those candidates who have done English/Sinhala as a language for their degree.
- Distinction pass in G.C.E (O/L) examination or similar pass in an equivalent examination for English/Sinhala Language.
- Preferred work experience of 03 years Writer/Translator (English/Sinhala) in a recognized establishment.
- Proficient knowledge and skills on Microsoft Office Applications.
- Strong attention to details.
- Extraordinary writing skills and should be able to provide the assignments renderings in a lucid and accurate manner.
Key job responsibilities.
- Writing & distributing new release/articles.
- Business & Technical writing.
- Content writing for social media & web sites.
- Responding to media inquiries.
- Designing printed publications.
- Writing corporate emails/memos.
- Writing internal communications (circulars/newsletters/messages/speeches/campaigns).
- Writing external communications (to customers/other stake holders).
- Translation of official documents (Sinhala/English).
The Offers/Other Conditions
- Appointment will be on fixed term contract basis for 3 years period subject to six months’ probation period.
- Upper age limit is 50 years as at application closing date.
- Right candidates will be offered commercially competitive remuneration.
- Selection will be made through an examination & interview.
Method of Application
A completed application format and curriculum vitae together with copies of birth, educational and other relevant certificates should be submitted within 14 days of this advertisement to reach below address.
Applications sent without supporting documents will not be entertained. Post applied for should be mentioned in the top left corner of the envelope. Sri Lanka Telecom PLC is an equal opportunity employer and any type of canvassing will be a disqualification.
Application should be sent to:
Deputy General Manager
HR Strategies & Policy
7th Floor, HQ Building
Sri Lanka Telecom PLC
Chief People Officer
Closing Date : 10/08/2020