All eligible candidates are invited to apply for the vacancy of Technical Specialist at Pearson.
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / MIS or equivalent experience required. Minimum eight (8) years of experience in software engineering, out of which 2 years as an Associate Technical Speialist level
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Good and effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact with prompt and professionalism to the teams across different time zones.
- Ability to work with new development and maintenance teams and contribute gathered knowledge
Desirable Experience Or Knowledge On The Following Areas
- Object Oriented Concepts, System Analysis and Design,Architectural and Design Patterns, Unit Testing
- UML, Web Application Development
- SOA , Middleware technologies
- Cloud computing
Basic Experience Or Knowledge On The Following Areas
- Building, Packaging and Deployment Tools, Web and Application Servers, Database Technologies
- Java Specialization
- Hands on experience either in, J2EE/JEE Platform ,Spring Framework, HTTP Web Services (eg:- SOAP / REST) or .NET Technologies
- Knowledge on Oracle, MSSQL, NoSQL & other Database Technologies, Unit testing & Engineering Best Practices, Build, Package & Deployment tools (eg:- Ant / Mavan)
- Knowledge on experience in one or more web/application servers. e.g.: WebSphere, WebLogic, GlassFish, JBoss etc. Knowledge on other Open Source Technologies is an added advantage.
- Previous experience in Microsoft related technologies would be an added advantage
- Previous experience in Cloud technologies would be an added advantage
Closing Date- 20/03/2020
Apply- Apply via LinkedIn