(We wish to restate that all CV's for this employment opportunity can only be routed via the HSBC Bank’s website. Please don't apply this job through Careerfirst.lk web site.)
Applications are invited for all candidates to fill the Chief Operating Officer Job Vacancy at HSBC Bank.
Chief Operating Officer Wholesale Banking
HSBC Wholesale Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including Global Trade and Receivables Finance, RMB solutions, multi-currency business accounts,payments and cash management, and wealth management and insurance, , as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Product Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join our Wholesale Banking Team in the role of Chief Operating Officer Wholesale Banking - Sri Lanka & Maldives.
In this role, you will:
- Support the Country Head of Wholesale banking (WSB) in achieving the strategic objectives of the business and ensure strategic alignment with Global, Regional and local imperatives, with appropriate business plans in support of agreed objectives.
- Lead the creation of appropriate operating budgets through departmental planning and interface with Finance for the Rolling Operating Plan (ROP) and track performance against Country Strategic Plan, ROPs and Performance Scorecards.
- Deploy business analytics to drive customer acquisition, cross-selling, Relationship Manager (RM) portfolio alignment and implement customer segmentation.
- Manage financial crime risk by overseeing the implementation and delivery of remediation activities, de-risking exercises and Customer Selection and Exit Management (CSEM) process. Develop business procedures based on Global Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Sanctions Policy/ Standard and ensure proper governance over Financial Crime Risk (FCR) mitigation. Ensure the case manager teams could provide support to RMs in onboarding new customers and ongoing Know Your Customer (KYC) cycle for existing customers and provide risk quality assurance over KYC reviews and responses to Request for Information (RFI).
- Collaborate with and monitor the work of Banking Operations and other outsourced parties to ensure timely and quality delivery of business services with satisfactory customer experience.
- Lead the development, assessment and monitoring of change / transformation initiatives, including the Global Initiatives agreed by WSB Executive Committee (ExCo), implementing these initiatives and implementing key governance mechanisms to ensure strategic initiatives are robust, aligned and effectively delivered; drive appropriate management and utilization of the WSB Transformation resources and effective utilization of Information Technology (IT) Order book.
- Drive improvements in efficiency across WSB through delivery of the core projects e.g. end to end credit, Digital for Corporate and review and rationalize distribution networks, IT systems and use of Operations with demonstrated reduction in costs.
- Oversee implementation of key regulatory / compliance as well as Business Risk & Control Management (BRCM) structure in Country in accordance with the WSB blueprint
- Ensure WSB meets its obligations in connection with requirements and issues raised by external regulators / interested parties.
- Lead, develop and motivate the leadership team to attract, retain and develop the capacity, capability and talent to provide for succession and ensure delivery of business objectives.
- Implement the conduct programme locally and monitor the progress in embedment of conduct in the business.
- To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Should be a Sri Lankan passport holder.
- A sound knowledge of all aspects of the Wholesale banking business.
- Highly developed management skills, with the ability to lead and motivate other managers and staff, and experienced in team building and managing a wide range of projects.
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills.
- Experience of managing resources to achieve objectives using appropriate communication, delegation and planning skills.
- Ability to use strong judgment to identify and resolve problems whilst maintaining budgets, time scales and quality of output.
- Appreciate the application of technology in relation to operations and the ability to communicate effectively with IT personnel.
- Business experience in a variety of roles in Commercial Banking centred on delivery of high quality customer service.
- A Master’s degree is preferred.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
To apply for this role, please send your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date : 31st Oct 2019