The Ceylon Medical Council (CMC) was established by the Medical Council Ordinance No. 24 of 1924. The first meeting of the CMC was held on 22nd June 1925 at 3.00 p.m. in the Colombo Medical Library, chaired by the first president, Dr. N. Duncan Walker. The other members of the Council were Doctors J.S.R. Gunawardana, R. Pestonjee, E.A. Cooray, J.O.B. Van Langenburg, Lucian De Zilva, H.M. Peiris, P.J. Chissel, Frank Gunasekera and G. Thornton. At this meeting, Dr. Lucian De Zilva was elected the Vice President and Prof. F.O.B. Ellison, the Registrar. Council meetings were held in the medical library up to January 1930 when meetings were held in the Board Room of the Medical College. The clerical and secretarial work of the Council was carried out by the staff of the Medical College until an office room was provided in the administrative block of the medical faculty in 1968. An office assistant and a peon were recruited with a part-time clerk.
Sri Lanka Medical Council
- SLMC Office. 31, Norris Canal Road , Colombo 10.
- 011 269 1848