TRAINEE – MARKETING & CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies. We have a challenging and inspiring mission to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. With a firm foundation in science, we discover, develop, manufacture and distribute vaccines, prescription medicines and consumer healthcare products. Headquartered in the UK, with major business operations in the US, we employ more than 99,000 people in 120 countries.
If you are the kind of person that dreams of making the world a better, healthier place, then we would love to hear from you....
- Create and manage the activity plan for internal communications and ensure all content is aligned as per global guidelines.
- Work with the South Asia communications team to raise the profile of Sri Lanka within GSK by sharing noteworthy highlights that enhances the reputation of SL.
- Participate in drafting and developing tools and Q&A's to communicate confidential corporate activity and organisational change.
- Provide communications support during any crisis situations to effectively mitigate and / or manage issues.
- Develop content for the internal communications, newsletters, intranet and social media campaigns and assisting with the reports submitted to external parties.
- Supporting the Managing Director and Senior Manager Human Resources on key projects requiring strategic communications input.
- Managing the customer relationship management platform and enabling the sales team to execute their day to day interactions with customers.
- Managing the platform/ system used in copy approval process for marketing related promotions.
- Full/part qualification of a bachelor’s degree in Marketing/ Management related degree/ HND
- Prior experience in marketing / corporate communications would be an added advantage
- An excellent grasp of English and proven experience in developing targeted written communication deliverables, such as employee magazines, intranet content, blogs, speeches, press releases etc.
- Ability to write concise and focused copy, articles and speeches for Senior Management in appropriate tone
- An eye for detail with proven proof-reading skills
- Creative and inquisitive with excellent listening skills that can be applied to developing targeted communications materials for internal and external use.
- Energetic and positive team player with ability to build relationships across the business
- Excellent understanding of digital platforms and know-how to create internal campaigns
**The selected candidate will be on a fixed term contract for two years.
If you think you have the required qualifications and experience to fulfil this role, please forward the resume to email@example.com
Closing Date : 29/11/2019