Support Engineer (German speaking) – Sri Lanka
Our client in Norway is the industry leader for big data and digital transformation technologies for heavy asset industries. Along with them, we create applications that impact some of the biggest, most challenging industries today and we experiment with making the applications that will change the way industries operate tomorrow. Once they hit the market, they rely on technically-competent Tech Service Engineers to support them. We are hence building a dynamic team of support engineers to provide a quality service. You can also become part of this and work closely with Support Engineers to resolve issues reported by customers in Germany. You will be based in Sri Lanka.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or an equivalent qualification is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and German
- Proficient background in or are very interested in supporting or developing SaaS/API and have good knowledge in, or strong interest in the monitoring of cloud IT systems
- Open-minded and cooperate well with others; share knowledge, experience, and information; support others in the pursuit of the team goals
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a team environment
- Produce fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions, breaking away from tradition
- Ability and interest in working with tools such as BigQuery, Stackdriver, Google Cloud console, Prometheus, Grafana, OpsGenie and Lightstep (open tracing).
- Willingness to work 24/7 shift rotation & weekends
- Willingness to work in Sri Lanka
- Willingness to work during German working hours in Sri Lanka (i.e. usually 12:30PM – 09:30PM GMT+5.30)
- Ability to nurture excellent working relationships with customers and support service personnel
- Translate software issues reported in German
- Contacting the German clients via email / phone to find out more details about the issues reported
- Work in close collaboration with the Support Engineers, helping them understand and resolve the issues reported
- Follow standard procedures for issue handling
- Drive communication with customers, keeping them informed of the status of the reported issues
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues
- Translate and update relevant documentation
Candidates must be able to function as team players with a positive attitude and commitment to meet team / organizational objectives / goals. If you feel you are the ideal fit for this opportunity, apply today!
Closing Date : 30/11/2019