Applications are invited for all candidates to fill the SQL Database Administrator Job Opening at Fortude
- Manage (Install, configure, upgrade, maintain) Production and Non-Production Database in On-Prem and Cloud (AWS, Azure) environments.
- Build and support configurations leveraging SQL AlwaysOn Availability Groups, windows fail over clustering, and transaction replication.
- Design, implement, test, document and maintain backup, restore and recovery protocols.
- Design and Implement HA and DR solutions to meet distinct application requirements.
- Elevate stability and performance of production environment by implementing SQL Server best practices.
- Provide 24x7 support for any incidents impacting application availability within the production environments.
- Troubleshoot and provide RCA Reports for issues raised.
- Implement and maintain database security.
- Maintain all SQL services including but not limited to SSRS, SSIS, SSAS.
- Perform database, application tuning and investigation.
- CI/ CD automation and Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5-7 years of MS SQL Server Administration experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related
- Certifications in Microsoft SQL: (MTA Database, MCSA: SQL Server, MCSE: Data Management and Analytics) will be an advantage.
- Exposure to MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle Database administration.
- Exposure to Data Lake, Hadoop, Azure technology.
- DevOps or ITIL exposure.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to present analysis results and findings
- Ability to develop custom solutions to support business requirements
- Production Mindset
- Strong documentation skills
- Build effective working relationships with multiple stakeholders across the organization and team members.
- Experience working with and guiding offshore resources
Candidates may require to work evenings and the occasional weekends depending on business requirements
Closing Date : 30/09/2020