All eligible candidates are invited to apply for the vacancy of Site Reliability Engineer at Sysco LABS Sri Lanka.
- Work as part of an existing local team in Sri Lanka and in conjunction with a US based team to build, maintain and monitor company Platform as a Service solutions.
- Design and develop tools to automate and orchestrate the cloud environment.
- Support onboarding activities for applications moving to the cloud.
- Respond to customer support queries and collaborate with team members to provide solutions.
- Research, evaluate and recommend DevOps tools in multiple technologies for multiple development teams.
- Deploy, automate, maintain, and manage AWS cloud-based production systems to ensure its availability, performance, scalability and security.
- Coach development teams in DevOps practices and guide the team to implement effective DevOps.
- Work collaboratively in a cross functional team in an Agile delivery environment.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with AWS infrastructure and services, Docker and DevOps tools.
- 1+ years of experience with at least one dynamic object-oriented programing language (E.g. Groovy, Ruby or Python).
- Experience with a programming language like Java, C#, Node.js and related web frameworks will be an added advantage.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, Configuration Management and DevOps tools such as Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Github, etc.
- Strong knowledge of containerization of software packages using solutions such as Dockerization, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, AWS Fargate, etc.
- Strong understanding of Linux operating systems and administration skills, and shell-scripting skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Adherence to engineering standards and best practices (needs to be process oriented).
- Strong communication skills – reading and comprehending documents/specifications, producing clear and thorough documentation, ability to discuss and explain technical issues during meetings.
- Experience in working as part of a geographically distributed team.
Closing Date- 02/03/2020
Apply- Apply via LinkedIn