Senior Software Engineer - Java at Wiley
Applications are invited for all candidates to fill the Senior Software Engineer - Java Job Opening at Wiley
Closing Date : 26/02/2022
We are looking for Senior Engineers with a minimum of 4 years of Java experience to join our exciting and rapidly expanding team in Sri Lanka. This position is a hands-on development role where you will be responsible for the development of Wiley’s Research, Education and Corporate Learning platforms. You will leverage your in-depth knowledge of Java to work closely with architects, engineers, and product owners to create complex applications. You will also ensure your commitment to the highest quality standards both in functional and non-functional areas.
- Develop, testing and support of web-based applications and API development using Java, Spring Boot, REST APIs, and microservices-oriented architecture.
- Work independently, yet under the guidance of the team lead, architects, BAs and other stake holders, committed to quality and timely delivery.
- Take the lead on design discussions/provide solutions and guide/mentor the junior engineers. Provide code reviews.
- Be responsible maintaining the health of production system and attend any production incidents providing quick fixes/work arounds.
- Follow Agile and DevOps methodology with total ownership of the development.
- Through understanding of engineering best practices and nonfunctional requirements.
Follow latest relevant technologies, techniques, frameworks, tools, methodologies, and processes.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent qualification.
- Over 4 years solid experience in developing applications using Java, Spring Boot, and SQL/NoSQL databases such as MySQL and Mongo DB.
- Ability to guide/mentor junior developers while working with leads and architects on designing applications.
- Solid communication skills enabling working with stakeholders from across the company.
- Proven history with software and system architecture, microservices architecture and AWS cloud technologies.
- Strong background of architecting and developing high-end/customer-facing online platforms.
- Good working knowledge of caching technologies, front-end technologies, and web architecture.
- Good understanding of engineering best practices and focus on NFRs.
- Good understanding of Quality Engineering principles and practices will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with CI/CD build/deploy pipelines, and modern DevOps practices like Git-Ops.
- Good understanding of technology methodologies including Agile (SCRUM), continuous integration/ continuous development and automation.
- Familiarity with JIRA and writing user stories.
Apply now : https://bit.ly/3G3rmx5