All eligible candidates are invited to apply for the position of Senior Engineer, UNIX at London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG).
- Perform Unix patching tasks as assigned by the management. Must perform below tasks related to patching.
- Verify patch availability and instructions as documented in internal wiki
- Communicate with relevant as required parties before/after patching
- Create change requests and following up on approvals. Close the same post successful patching.
- Perform pre-checks and get issues fixed before planned patching window
- Communicate with application teams on patching schedule
- Coordinate with other teams such as Storage team for patching pre requisites verification
- Perform OS patching and post checks
- Update SharePoint data of patching status and maintain internal wiki documentation up to date.
- Manage assigned Unix system administration tasks within agreed SLA’s.
- Manage ongoing communications with stakeholders including third parties, regarding incidents, changes and other tasks and their progress. These must be both timely and accurate.
- Ensure that accepted procedures are adhered to and metrics are captured.
- Handle ongoing communications with change raisers, management, technicians including third parties, regarding change requests and their progress.
- Should work in the assigned shift in providing 24x7 services. Will have to work on Staurday/Sunday as per the weekly rota.
- Identify and action on the opportunities for service improvement and service level targets.
Candidate profile / Key skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or similar technical field
- Minimum 5 years of working experience
Required technical skills
RedHat Linux (version 5, 6 and 7)·
Oracle Solaris 10 and 11·
Veritas Cluster and storage foundation·
SAN experience on RedHat and Solaris (HDS/HP)·
Shell scripting (bash)·
Desirable technical skills
Veritas netback overview·
LDAP (RedHat Directory Services)·
RPM packaging experience·
- Must be a quick learner and strives to understand the root cause of issues
- Must be able to carry out assigned tasks with minimum supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability to work within a team
- Must maintain good working relationships with the stakeholders
- Applies judgment to assess the relative importance of assigned tasks and prioritizes effectively
- Demonstrate and practice adherence to internal controls and standards in data management, and document management and production
Closing Date: 05/07/2020
Apply: via LinkedIn