All eligible candidates are invited to apply for the position of Senior Engineer- Application Management at London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG).
Support of the Data & Reporting Services/Global Fees production services consisting of multiple applications.
- Regulatory Reporting includes reporting to the CFTC, UnaVista (EMIR), BOE, CME, HKTR, DTCC and JFSA. These reports include transaction and position data across all Clearing Services.
- Member Reporting covers Banking and RepoClear member reports, which is managed through the Business Objects infrastructure and distributed to the Portal team for screening prior to publishing the reports to the Member Portal.
- Global Fees is responsible to calculate fees and produce invoices, files and reports to Accounting team, Finance and Members.
The role of the analyst is to support the respective production service, pre-production and test functions for Regulatory Reporting & Member Reporting/Global Fees:
- Monitor and provide daily status updates to management regarding the status of processes and applications
- Resolve Incidents and Problems
o Monitor ServiceNow for Incidents and Problems
o Proactively analyse problems and decide on suitable resolutions
o Apply resolutions following the Change Management procedure
o Report current status to relevant business and IT teams
o Record progress of incident resolution in ServiceNow
o Follow documented incident management procedures and escalate to the senior management team where necessary
o Supervise and liaise with the offshore support team on all BAU issues
- Bug fixes and enhancements to LCH products
o Design solutions for longer term fixes for application bugs and small functionality enhancement requests
o Implement application fixes
o Update ClearCase/GitHub with source code changes
o Update relevant documentation with changes
o Co-ordinate the Release process for new releases
o Work to the ITIL standard following LCH policies
- Maintain working relationship with business teams, business management and other application support teams
- Out of hours support (once competent in all areas of support responsibility)
o Be available for overnight support of production services to ensure successful completion of processing
o Respond to overnight calls and deal with issues
o Support weekend releases and maintenance work
o Participate in Production out of hours activities such as Disaster Recovery exercises
o Provide consultancy during design and implementation
o Act as subject matter experts for the applications
- Assist in project related work
o Carry out requirements as defined by project team
- Quality check potential changes
o Review development release packages prior to production deployment
o Provide benefit of experience in the business area and application
- Degree educated, preferably in a technical discipline
- Strong technical background in the Data warehousing technologies with multiple years of experience.
- Experience of working in a support engineering or software engineering team. (3-5 years minimum).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to IT and business teams and to senior management as well as offshore support team.
- Strong level of attention to details.
Key Technical Skills (required):
- Strong Windows Server & UNIX OS administration skills
- Data warehousing fundamentals
- SQL knowledge in building queries (Oracle)
- Experience in a financial domain
- Familiarity with financial products and financial terms
- Qualified with the ITIL v3 Foundation course level
Key Technical Skills (advantageous):
- Experience with Informatica mappings, work flow design, Informatica debug modes
- SAP Business Objects XI R4.1 Administration
- Business Objects XI Webi/Deski/Universe design and deployment
- Crystal reports creation and modification
- Perl / Python
- Knowedge of MQ
Closing Date: 05/07/2020
Apply: via LinkedIn