Senior Cloud Engineer at Wiley
Applications are invited for all candidates to fill the Senior Cloud Engineer Job Opening at Wiley
Closing Date : 05/02/2022
About the Role:
We are looking for a passionate, self-motivated Infrastructure Engineer with strong infrastructure, security and governance fundamentals to help enable our journey to the cloud! In this role, you will join our talented team of engineers, designing and building the foundation that propels our business to harness the power of cloud.
Our Cloud Engineering team collaborates with our architects to design and build our foundational cloud components and frameworks. Through innovation and engineering excellence, we forge the path to harness the power of the cloud for all of Wiley’s Cloud engineers.
How you will make an impact:
- Ability to act confidently and cautiously in break-the-glass production scenarios to resolve customer outages
- Solid understanding/experience of networking, virtualization, storage, containers, and serverless
- Experience with Linux and Windows servers, preferably with a systems administration focus
- Ability to automate with various scripting languages (Python, Shell scripting, etc…)
- Hands-on experience building and deploying applications using a public cloud environment, preferably AWS and/or Azure
- Hands-on experience with containers and container orchestration preferred
- Experience managing systems using infrastructure as code tools (CloudFormation, Ansible, Terraform, ARM, Kubernetes …)
- Understanding of versioning and release practices (SCM), code collaboration practices (Git)
- Proficiency with CI/CD tools, especially Jenkins
- Experience managing and interpreting large datasets using query languages and visualization tools
- Experience with Enterprise IT asset management or other related practices
- Help define and execute a comprehensive cloud reliability and observability strategy, ensuring that Fidelity’s cloud systems are always available when our customers need them.
Ability to solve stack-wide engineering issues related to hardware, software, network, applications and cloud service providers.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.)
- 5+ years of cloud engineering experience
- Certifications preferred: AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Developer, or WS SysOps Administrator
- Passion for excellence, automation, innovation and collaboration
- Eager to learn new technologies, ways of working, and to adapt everyday
- Bring curiosity and a questioning mind-set to work, injecting new points of view to the team
- Ability to triage, execute root cause analysis, and be decisive under pressure
- Ability to creatively solve new, interesting problems in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups, both in person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner and build and maintain effective relationships
Apply now : https://bit.ly/3HD6QET