Quality Engineer - Performance at Wiley
Applications are invited for all candidates to fill the Quality Engineer - Performance Job Opening at Wiley
Closing Date : 29/09/2021
Wiley is a global company that specializes in academic publishing and instructional materials, online education management and corporate learning and training. Our products are widely in use in a variety of industry sectors in Research and Education in institutional and corporate settings around the globe.
For over 200 years we have been helping people and organizations develop the skills and knowledge they need to succeed. Our secret to success is that we have been adaptable with times. These days, leveraging most modern technology is supporting and driving major revenue streams for Wiley.
We develop, deliver and support market leading digital products globally for research, education, learning, assessment and certification solutions to help universities, businesses and individuals move between education and employment and achieve their ambitions.
As a quality engineer in performance for Wiley, you will help define and follow performance engineering processes, performance requirement gathering, create test plans, execute performance tests, and work closely with Wiley’s product development teams to troubleshoot and remediate performance issues. Strong analytical skills and hands-on experience in using load testing and APM tools is a must.
- Collaborate with product management to define performance requirements.
- Participate in storyboarding and solution design sessions. Analyze and provide feedback on artifacts delivered throughout the development process.
- Provide estimates for performance test planning and execution.
- Create and maintain library of test plans, test suites and test scripts for performance testing.
- Maintain performance testing environment, create test bed of data used to support test execution.
- Track and record results of test execution. Interpret results and identify trends. Publish results and communicate test execution status.
- Use application performance monitoring tools to identify performance bottlenecks and analyze trends in production environments and re-use that knowledge to improve product performance testing activities.
- Work closely with development team to research and mitigate issues found in testing.
- BSc in computer science or related field is required.
- 2 years’ experience in a quality engineering role.
- Good knowledge in performance testing methodology and different types of testing.
- Experience in designing performance tests for applications with complex integrations.
- 2 years’ hands-on experience in using load testing tools, application performance monitoring tools and operating system commands.
- Experience in front-end performance testing and performance tuning.
- Experience in Micro Focus LoadRunner, Performance Center, Dynatrace, CloudWatch preferred.
- Experience and Jmeter and Gatling will be an added advantage.
- Experience working with Oracle, MySQL and Couchbase preferred.
- Experience in Log analysis using elastic search and Kibana preferred.
- Strong critical-thinking skills and the ability to give attention to details as well as the big picture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- ISTQB foundation level qualification will be an added advantage.
Please attach your CV in order to be considered for this position.
APPLY NOW : https://bit.ly/3BuvhRY