HSBC Bank currently seeking an experienced individual to join our Treasury Finance Team in the role of Product Control Manager.
HSBC Global Banking and Markets is an emerging markets-led, financing-focused business that provides investment and financial solutions. Through our international network, we connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. We partner with our corporate, government and institutional clients to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales and transaction banking.
In this role, you will:
- The main responsibility of this role is to drive the Valuation Controls under the Global Markets Product Control function in the site and work to achieve the goals and objectives established by the Global and Regional Head of Product Control
- Ensure accuracy of daily P&L reporting, comparison with actual vs estimates and commentaries for the day.
- Ensure that the benchmark monitoring is done accurately and escalate things on a timely manner.
- Performing balance sheet substantiation on a monthly basis, ensuring accuracy and providing substantiation for the accounts owned by Product control.
- Ensure the correct market data is uploaded in the valuation system on daily basis and perform stale and variance analysis on the same.
- Interact with various internal and regional stakeholders and local site Finance to explain and provide expertise on specific Valuation Control issues and system roll outs.
- Manage project stakeholders with different perspectives including Front Office, Business Finance, IT, Operations and Risk.
- Drive automation of existing process to achieve efficiency.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- A university Degree / Full or Part Professional Qualification (CIMA / ACCA / ACA / AIB).
- A Central Bank of Sri Lanka mandated qualification for staff engaged in Treasury Related Activities.
- 2 – 5 Years’ experience in Valuation Control or Treasury Finance covering a range of asset classes.
- Keen to follow process automation and have a good understanding on spreadsheets.
To apply for this role, please send your full CV to email@example.com with the subject “Product Control Manager”.
Apply at www.hsbc.com/careers
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited – Sri Lanka is a licensed commercial bank supervised by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka.