All eligible candidates are invited to apply for the position of Lead Network Engineer at Fortude.
- Oversee the effectiveness of network infrastructure projects, including forecasting of network requirements.
- Drive effective installation/configuration of network systems or mobile and telecommunication systems, including integration with existing infrastructure, adherence to security/governance guidelines, and providing transition support.
- Be up to date with new technologies and industry trends to optimize the cost, usage, and security and apply what is relevant for the company.
- Oversee achievement of the network uptime KPIs and performance (e.g., system performance, reliability) through effective maintenance and support for network/voice communication systems.
- Plan and perform periodic network upgrades, expansions, enhancements, and maintenance across the organization.
- Review and ensure the completion of network backups and ensure adherence to disaster recovery plans.
- Oversee troubleshooting of network issues, ensuring issues are resolved within the agreed lead-times, conduct root cause analysis and take corrective/preventive actions for identified issues
- Review adherence to IT compliance and security procedures for networks, including monitoring/escalation of security breaches, network analysis for potential security threats, preventive actions, and implementing access controls.
- Conduct network audits and address identified issues
- Ensure the network team and ICT support personnel are trained/upskilled to resolve network issues proactively and efficiently
- Conduct and maintain daily network health checks across the organization
- Ensure network devices are securely hardened, security patches are updated, and critical bugs are fixed timely
- Collaborate with the ICT and cross-functional teams for new network project implementations, including project identification, implementation, post-project transitioning/support, and maintenance requirements.
- Work with service providers/vendors with regard to requirements, terms, price negotiations, project reviews, and SLAs.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or a related field with relevant certifications such as Cisco CCIE, and CCNP
- 6 to 8 years of relevant experience in architecture, design, installation, configuration, and maintenance of network infrastructure
- Commercial and open-source product experience will be an added advantage
Closing Date: 05/07/2020
Apply: via LinkedIn