Applications are invited for all candidates to fill the Head of Engineering Job Vacancy at Aitken Spence Hotel Managements (Pvt) Ltd
Head of Engineering (Aitken Spence Hotels)
The selected individual will be directly responsible for the smooth functionality of engineering operations of the Sri Lankan and overseas hotels in the Group. We are searching for a candidate who possesses a bachelor* s degree in Mechanical Engineering/Chartered Engineer, preferably with a master's degree, together with 5 to 10 years' experience in a similar leadership position in a group of hotels. Sound knowledge in administration, budget management and CAPEX procedure, strong leadership, problem solving, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills are
key competencies sought.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
• Overarchingly responsible for the short and long-term planning of operations of the Engineering Division for all hotels
• Maintaining hotel building, plant and equipment in optimum condition
• Managing a team of Chief Engineers based in hotels to ensure optimum operations, minimize expenses and maximum customer satisfaction
• Creating and implementing best practice engineering vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve performance
• Establishing Preventive Maintenance Schedules (PMS), equipment data logs, operational data logs for all building, plant and machinery available in all hotels
• Overseeing Mechanical, Electrical and Civil engineering maintenance in all properties
• Providing direction to prepare repair and maintenance operational budgets, capital expenditure budgets and energy consumption budgets
• Providing leadership in project planning, executing hotel refurbishments and new hotel constructions
• Scrutinizing specifications and evaluating quotations for capital expenditure items
• Developing Minimum Quality Standards (MQS) for engineering divisions of all hotels
• Scrutinizing, evaluating and authorizing maintenance related work orders
• Making periodic visits to hotel properties for inspections and to establish stipulated standards are followed
• Establishing key performance indicators for energy consumption activities in all hotels
Apply with the names of three non-related referees. Please upload your CV with the position applied for and your name.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Closing Date : 21/09/2020