Full Stack Software Engineer - Data Analytics and Insights at Wiley
Applications are invited for all candidates to fill the Full Stack Software Engineer - Data Analytics and Insights Job Opening at Wiley
Closing Date : 30/09/2021
At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It is in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
This role is as an integral part of the Data Analytics & Insights team at Wiley that is responsible for key global data integration, delivery through BI tools, and data visualization solutions.
The Full-Stack Software Engineer working in the Data Analytics and Insights team will be responsible for working closely with data engineers and analytics engineers in the team to develop enterprise-grade software solutions to cater to the needs for data distribution/integration via API solutions and Web-based analytics solutions both internal & external customer-facing.
How you will make an impact:
- Participate in analyzing the use cases and requirements from the business stakeholders and product teams for various data distribution, integration, and analytics use cases.
- Brainstorm and propose solutions adhering to industry standards such as Service Oriented Architecture, Micro-services, Enterprise Integration Patterns, Software Design Patterns, etc.
- Documenting technical designs and presenting to team members, architects with thorough attention to detail.
- Design and develop data-oriented software solutions for the cloud.
- Involve in R&D work pertaining to Proof-of-Concept rapid prototypes.
- Hands-on coding in both backend and frontend components.
- Write testable, re-usable, and clean codes.
- Code reviews, peer reviews of the developed components.
- Collaborating with other data engineering and analytics engineering colleagues in the team to identify the optimal integration mechanisms between data tooling/frameworks and software tooling/frameworks.
- Thorough attention to detail on non-functional requirements of software solutions such as but not limited to scalability, security, cost-optimization, extensibility, maintainability, monitoring, etc.
- Utmost commitment to coding best practices and Engineering Best Practices in every developed component.
- Collaborate with performance engineers in the team to ensure performance requirements of the developed components are met.
- Collaborate with QA engineers in the team to ensure all component level, integration level, and solution level QA requirements are met.
We are looking for people who:
- BS in Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- 4+ years of experience in Full-Stack Enterprise Software Development (preferably including data-oriented software products/solutions).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written in English.
- Hands-on experience with backend frameworks such as Spring Boot, Play Framework, Node.js, etc.
- Hands-on experience with frontend frameworks/libs such as AngularJS, ReactJS, JQuery, etc.
- Hands-on experience in developing software solutions in the cloud (preferable AWS).
- Hands-on development experience with relational DBs (preferably MySQL). Having knowledge of ORM packages and usage will be beneficial.
- Hands-on development experience with NoSQL data sources such as HBase, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, and caching solutions/libs such as Redis, Guava, Berkley DB, H2, etc. will be beneficial.
- Solid understanding of RESTful API design principles also including Swagger documentation.
- Solid understanding of Web solutions/APIs authentication and authorization mechanisms (E.g. OAuth, OpenID, SAML, etc.).
- Solid understanding of software design principles such as Object-Oriented Design, Functional Programming, Software Design Patterns, Enterprise Integration Patterns, etc.
- Solid experience with adhering to engineering best practices such as but not limited to SonarQube and other static code analysis tools usage, IDE Lints, code coverage, inline documentation, frequent refactoring, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD and version control concepts, tools, and usage (E.g. Git, Jenkins).
- Experience in using various visualization libraries such as D3.js, Highcharts, Plotly, etc. will be beneficial.
- Knowledge and/or experience with containerized application development and deployment using Docker and Kubernetes will be beneficial.
- Knowledge and/or experience with enterprise solutions deployment aspects such as load balancing, CDN integrations, WAFs will be beneficial.
- Experience in working in an agile development team.
- Experience with JIRA usage will be beneficial.
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism, and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their careers. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company’s headquarters are in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
APPLY NOW : https://bit.ly/2WIJdbZ