Define key responsibilities to reflect the duties and responsibilities of this role.
- Filling documents in CASA Vault, updating registers pertaining to Mandate files
- Voucher scanning and reconciliation
Ensure the unit operates in accordance with the Group Guidelines and within risk parameters using standardized procedures and processes to ensure that the best practices are always adapted and migrated.
- Managing the vault
- Update all registers
- Responsible to handle document reconciliation for scanned images and act as a back for scanning WF docs
- Support to build a supporting culture amongst staff in Onboarding
- Handle queries, investigations, and complaints efficiently
- Meet turnaround times as per the Service Level agreements and productivity standards
- Assist to build a supportive culture for both internal/external customers, and ensure delivery standards as per SLAs
- Deal with queries, investigations and complaints, work closely with team members, and propose improvements to procedure in order to improve processing efficiency/quality.
- Assist to build a Supporting culture amongst staff in Onboarding by identifying internal and external customer requirements, cost control without compromising on quality of delivery, maintenance of compliance, regulatory guidelines, operating instructions etc
- Network on behalf of the team (communicating back to team members) with internal customers, support units, counterparties to remove blockages, improve transaction flow, co-ordinate the implementation of change, and generally to facilitate the effective working of the team.
- Ensure that proper procedures are in place to monitor the breaches to the agreed service standards.
- Support the unit by installing the concept of both internal/external customers, maximize on service efficiency, and drive this process by establishing service level agreements with the operations and service functions and ensure delivery standards as per SLAs.
Document scanning and reconciliation.
- Client obsessed-Instant OB and seamless day to day client serving
- Digitization and Ways of working-Spread the habit and culture of continues improvement
Risk & Control -Anticipate Risk ahead of time and provide sustainability to business
- Build a supportive culture in operations by installing the concept of both internal/external customers, maximize on service efficiency, and drive this process by establishing service level agreements with the operations and Business functions and ensure delivery standards as per SLA.
- Timely response to internal and external customer queries and information requested and ensure high standards are maintained in minimize errors, losses by ensuring a high standard control.
Highlight all complaints, investigations, errors, staff accolades, risk items, losses, and near misses
Support the team manager to meet turnaround times as per the Service Level agreements and productivity standards.
- Assist to introduce and implement of proper processing procedures and controls to enhance the efficiency of the team, streamline processes and to avoid any risk, loss and complaints.
Self-efficiency, productivity standards and track achievement to ensure that all operations carried out at Onboarding by adhering to internal & external policies and regulations by meeting the deadlines and service standards.
People & Talent
- Ensure behavior consistent with the Group’s vision and values.
- Display team spirit, strengthening internal relationships with no conflicts
To ensure annual self-appraisals are completed and submitted to HR on time.
- Adhere to local and group compliance requirements within Onboarding.
- Escalate all risks related to Onboarding.
- Ensure all transactions and other processes are processed within Group operational risk policy, procedure laid down in the DOI, and service standards established.
To ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the bank's effort in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers
Money Laundering Prevention Responsibilities
- Adhere to internal accountability and responsibility for money laundering prevention at CPBB Operations
- Adherence of the suspicious transaction reporting procedures etc.
Ensure compliance regarding anti money laundering/KYC Controls, SLAS is being implemented/ Returns and any breaches of compliance are promptly escalated to, Business Money laundering Prevention Officer and Legal and compliance
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Operation Units
Training, licenses, memberships and certifications
- Academic or professional education/Qualification: As per bank's requirements and HR policy
Mandatory eLearning defined by Standard Chartered Bank
Our Ideal Candidate
Anti-money Laundering Policies and Procedures Operational Risk Process Improvement Process Management Services
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
Being part of an inclusive and values driven organization, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realize their full potential.
Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers
Primary Location: Asia-Sri Lanka-Colombo
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Posting Date: 22/Nov/2023, 8:39:35 AM
Unposting Date: 06/Dec/2023, 11:59:00 PM