Executive - Database Engineer
Keells, as a leading retailer is striving to deliver its core purpose to ‘improve the quality of life for the nation’. We know that to deliver on our core purpose, we have to grow and develop Sri Lanka’s best retail team. If you want to come on this journey with us, to deliver retail excellence, then we can really support your ambitions and future growth.
- Installing, Configuring and maintenance of MS SQL Server.
- Develop, manage and monitor Test backup and recovery plans.
- Monitor Performance and health of the client databases and provide optimum database throughput.
- Handling concerns with backups, security, patches and replication on production environment.
- Regular communications with technical, application and operational teams to ensure database integrity and security.
- 99.9 uptime of all databases maintain 100 % integrity of all client and central databases by monitoring and implement necessary best practices.
- Learn, implement industry best practices with the organization in order to increase the availability, performance and security
- Should possess a bachelor’s degree in computer science or MIS from a recognized University
- 2-3 years’ experience in handling and managing SQL databases
- Experience in handling databases in Microsoft Azure Cloud will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience on Data warehousing and related concepts would be an added advantage.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply on or before the 20/10/2019.