Transparency International Sri Lanka (TISL), is the national chapter of Transparency International (TI), the global movement against corruption. TISL raises awareness on the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business, civil society and the public at large to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Applications are invited for all candidates to fill the Communications & Social Media Manager Job Opening at Transparency International Sri Lanka
Closing Date : 21/01/2021
TISL is seeking a Communications & Social Media Manager to direct and implement the day-to-day communications needs of the organization, manage and disseminate content on the organization’s social media platforms, effectively deploy internal and external communication material and contribute to and implement the organization’s communications strategy. The ideal candidate will use digital and traditional communications tools to enhance and expand the organization’s position and effectiveness as a leading expert on anti-corruption and governance issues.
The Communications & Social Media Manager will report to the Deputy Executive Director and the Executive Director and will be responsible for managing a team including Communications Officers and Translators.
Commencement – Immediate
Scope of Work:
- Maintain and implement an effective and cutting-edge Communication Strategy for TISL.
- Provide guidance to maintain strategic communications with all stakeholders.
- Ensure the accuracy, professionalism and attractiveness of TISL’s external communication materials and platforms.
- Create effective online and offline content in order to achieve TISL’s communication objectives.
- Promote TISL’s Social Media platforms and content and drive them towards enhanced public engagement
- Design, plan and execute communication campaigns and events.
- Empower the program teams with communication strategies that further enhance the impact of each program and facilitate the communication activities of each project.
- Track, analyze and report the success of and lessons from campaigns and events.
- Guide the development and management of website content.
- Select, manage and develop the staff members within the Communication unit, establishing goals, coaching and managing performance and supporting the continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
A suitable candidate would ideally have:
- Knowledge of anti-corruption and governance related concepts and issues
- Strong networks within the media and civil society
- Experience in managing multiple social media accounts
- Graduated or at least in the 3rd year of a Bachelor in Journalism, Communications, PR & Advertising, Marketing or a related field of study
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English and at least one local language (Sinhala, Tamil) is a must.
- Fluency in English, Sinhala and Tamil languages is a key advantage
- Content creation skills
- Excellent organizational skills and experience in maintaining a media archive
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com referencing “Communications & Social Media Manager” in the subject line.