Applications are invited for all candidates to fill the Application Support Consultant Job Role at Camso Loadstar
APPLICATION SUPPORT CONSULTANT
Camso is now part of the Michelin Group.
By joining forces together, we become the world leader in the Off-The-Road market.
Reporting to the Applications Support Team Manager, the selected candidate's primary responsibilities will be to support data extraction, raw data import and export between different business applications, manage and administration of industry standard databases such as SQL and Oracle which being used to host corporate data, generated by various business applications and used by different business units across N. America, Europe and Asia.
- Carry out weekly and monthly data extraction and upload tasks within strict deadlines;
- Identify data quality issues and see through to resolution;
- Support other data extraction, transformation, uploading and cleansing operations;
- Managing and maintenance of database performance, security/integrity and backup procedures;
- Identify issues, opportunities and recommend solutions that will enhance performance and lead times;
- Escalate and route complex or unsolved problems to senior colleagues, third party specialists and vendors;
- Assist on projects or special initiatives as and when required;
- Work in an Agile/Lean environment, where teamwork and continues improvements are valued.
THE PROFILE TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science I Information Technology or equivalent, Higher Diploma from a recognized educational institute;
- 5 years of IT Industry experience with minimum 3 years of hands on experience in a similar role;
- Good analytical and creative problem-solving approach;
- Have collaboration skills to effectively liaise with both business and other IT teams in the organization;
- Motivated by challenge, rigorous and independent & ability to adapt easily to change;
- Experience in using Bl tools and reporting will be an added advantage;
- Professional vendor specific database certifications are considered an asset;
- Experience in a multinational company will be an added advantage;
- Excellent communication skills in both English & Sinhala;
- Advanced expertise with Microsoft Excel functions (pivot tables, v-lookups, macros) & strong SQL scripting;
- Ability to query, analyze, and interpret data stored in the target systems;
- Hands on experience supporting and administering industry standard DBMSs (SQL & Oracle) and experience in ETL processes (Extract, Transform, and Load)
Closing Date : 20/02/2020