All eligible candidates are invited to apply for the vacancy of Application Engineer at Pearson.
Core Skills A successful DevOps Engineer will have:
- 4 year college degree in Computer Science / Information Technology, Bachelor of Science preferred and at least 4 years of professional work experience.
- English as a business language
- Good understanding on Cloud computing services (ie: AWS, Azure).
- Competent on scripting (Bash / Shell, Python, PERL, Ruby, Powershell, Ansible etc.)
- CI/Infra Automation (ie: Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Docker, Kubernetes,Vagrant)
- Sound knowledge on Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- Good understanding on networking, security and load-balancers (F5, HAProxy,webproxy)
- Experience on relational and NoSQL Databases.
- Experience on Middleware(Tomcat, Weblogic, Apache etc) and Message Queues
- Appreciation of commercial and open source tools and appropriate usage models.
- Accepts project delivery responsibilities and demonstrate accountability to leadership.
- Makes optimum utilization of engineering tools and technologies to maintain a high productivity level in the team.
- Provides realistic and accurate estimates and achieve on-time Delivery.
- Problem solving skills, willingness to learn new technologies.
- An appreciation of the need to consider aspects beyond the technical delivery of the service such as design/architecture, expectation management, relationship building and the support wrapper. An individual who seeks to gain an understanding of an entire system, who understands that the system can be constantly improved by identifying the bottlenecks and improving the feedback loops so that the correct actions can be taken.
- A system thinker.
- Demonstrates the ability to remain calm under pressure in business impacting situations
- Willing to work on Roster (24/5 on desk and weekend on call rota)
Nice To Have Skills
- Object oriented, pattern based enterprise development experience.
- Understanding of DevOps and measurements of maturity
- Delivery focused with the ability to interact directly with internal customers as a
- Experience of using ServiceNow or similar incident and change tracking tools
- Ability to work with product managers, business partners and stakeholders to
- Core and demonstrable experience in leveraging and supporting:
- Cloud Architecture (operationalization Cloud/Non-Cloud)
- Remote computing services (ie: VMWare, Rackspace)
- Monitoring (ie: Zabbix, AppD, NewRelic, MSS, Logstash, ELK Stack, Grafana)
- Database (ie: SQL (Oracle, Postgress, SQLServer, MySQL), NoSQL(Mongo,
- SCM (ie: Git, GitHub, Stash, SVN)
- Understanding of Agile tools (ie: Jira, Wiki’s, Confluence Suite)
- Understanding of Agile concepts.
Closing Date- 20/03/2020
Apply- Apply via LinkedIn